Vine Weevil Seeka CT contains the beneficial nematode Steinernema kraussei and provides effective control of black vine weevil larvae (Otiorhyncus sulcatuis). Vine Weevil Seeka CT is formulated to provide effective control in cold to warm temperatures which range from 5°C – 30°C.
- Gives high levels of control between 5°C – 30°C.
- Vine Weevil Seeka can be used in organic systems or as part of an IPM programme
- Safe to users and the environment
- Nematodes survive up to approximately 4 weeks in the soil
- No pest resistance problems
- Simply applied as a drench or through irrigation systems
- Protects root system preventing subsequent damage and plant loss, particularly for container-grown plants
- Larvae treated with Vine Weevil Seeka will not develop into adult vine weevils, eliminating unsightly damage to the foliage (typical leaf notching)
- Apply when larvae are present (lift a few plants/ remove from pots to examine root ball – untreated larvae are white)
- Apply to plants in moist soil/growing medium, in sufficient water volume to ensure the root ball is thoroughly treated
- Avoid applications in direct sunlight, evening applications are best
- Do not exceed 300 psi/20 bar/2000 kPa pump pressure
- Nozzle aperture should be greater than 0.5 mm
- Suitable nozzles should produce a course spray at the intended application pressure
- Make up the stock solution and mix thoroughly to ensure that the nematodes are well disperse
Advised application method
Drench application: preferred method, especially where crop canopy is dense.
- Upon receipt, use immediately or store in a refrigerator at 5°C
- Do not use product if past expiry date or incorrectly stored (do not freeze)
- Use entire packet at one time, do not store diluted product
Nematodes: species Steinernema kraussei
Varies on pot volume (please see label)
Varies on volume (please see label)
Black vine weevil (Otiorhynchus sulcatus)
Between 5oC and 30oC
When black vine weevil larvae are present
Increase nematode performance with ICL’s exclusive penetrant Transporter.