Fungus Gnat Seeka, powered by BASF technology, is based on the beneficial nematode Steinernema Feltiae. It provides control of Fungus Gnat Larvae (Sciaridae spp. or more commonly known as Sciarid Fly) as well as Western Flower Thrips.
- Fast and effective natural control
- The most robust and efficacious nematode product on the market for fungus gnat control
- Control achieved at all times when the pest larvae are active
- No pest resistance problems
- Gives high levels of control between 10°C – 30°C
- Soil or media temperatures should be between 10°C and 30°C for at least two weeks after application
- The soil or media should be moist
- Routinely treat new material coming onto the
nursery that may contain fungus gnat larvae
- If product is applied over foliage, irrigate immediately with water to wash the nematodes into the growing media
Advised application method
Drench application: preferred method, especially where crop canopy is dense.
- Agitate nematodes constantly during application
- Do not use product if past expiry date or incorrectly stored
- For information relating to which chemicals are compatible with Vine Weevil Seeka ask your distributor
Did you know?
Fungus Gnat Seeka can also protect your crops against Western Flower Thrips when applied as a foliar spray. Please ask your Technical Area Sales Manager for more details.
Nematodes: species Steinernema Feltiae
Varies on pot volume (please see label)
Varies on volume (please see label)
Fungus Gnat Larvae (Sciaridae spp.) and Western Flower Thrips
Between 10oC and 30oC
When fungus gnat or western thrower thrips are present
Fungus gnat (Sciaridae spp.) life cycle
- Fungus Gnats (Sciaridae spp.) or more commonly known as Sciarid Fly go through complete metamorphosis, passing through distinct egg, larvae (L1-L4 instars), pupae and adult stages
- Time to complete lifecycle is temperature dependent
- Match nematode application with presence of sciarid larvae (L2-L4 instars are susceptible) larvae
- Sciarid larvae normally die 3-5 days after nematode application
Increase nematode performance with ICL’s exclusive penetrant Transporter.